Hi Everyone! As you know there are thousands of apps on Android’s PlayStore. Finding the ones that are the most useful is like finding a needle in a haystack. Given below is a list of some of the must have apps for android devices! I will keep adding to this list, thanks to -Harsh- from xda-developers for the initial list is based on his list.
1.Sygic: GPS Navigation – High quality maps stored on your Android (no internet connection needed!) together with a robust set of navigation features help you drive with confidence.
2.Power Toggles - This is simply the best toggle app around. Able to toggle lots of main features.
3.Picsay Pro – This is a brilliant photo editor
4.Desktop Visualizer – Makes shortcuts or widgets using a custom image and can be used to make custom icons.
5.AirDroid – For moving files between your PC and phone using WIFI
6.MXPlayer – MXPlayer is one of the best apps for viewing movies.
7.Home Switcher – Switches between any Home Launchers you have on your device.
8.PicSpeed Wallpapers – Over 170,000 HD wallpapers of all different genres, for our device.
9. Dropbox - Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring all your photos, docs, and videos anywhere.
10.Aldiko Book Reader – Read and download thousands of eBooks right on your Android phone or tablet. Download one of the best Android eBook Readers now!
11.ES File Explorer- ES File Explorer is a free, featured all-in-one file manager & application manager & task killer & cloud storage client & ftp client & samba client which explores the pictures, music, video, document & other files on your phone and your computer.
12.TeamViewer for Remote Control – Remotely control your computer with TeamViewer Free while you are on the road! Mobile and flexible: remotely access computers from your android device!
13.Whatsapp Messenger – WhatsApp Messenger is a smartphone messenger available for Android. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages.
14.Pocket – When you find something on the web that you want to view later, put it in Pocket. It automatically syncs to your phone, tablet or computer so you can view it any time, even without an internet connection.
15.Appy Geek – Appy Geek brings you all the leading tech news sources from the industry in a cleverly laid-out user interface, including TechRadar, Gizmodo, T3 Magazine, The Next Web and more… Staying at the cutting edge of innovation has never been so easy!
16.Tapatalk Forum App – The only and the best fully functional forum app in the Market, endorsed by over 35,000 of forums worldwide.
17.SmartTools – Measure length, angle, distance, height, direction and sound with your phone. Smart Tools is a complete package of 5 app sets. It includes 5 Pro sets for a total of 15 tools. In a word, All-in-One.
18.CPU Spy – This is a simple app to display the time the CPU spends in each frequency state. This can be a useful tool in diagnosing battery problems or tweaking your over-clock settings.
19.DroidWall – Allows you to restrict which apps can access the network. This is the perfect solution if you don’t have an unlimited data plan, or just wants to see your battery lasting longer. For advanced users, it also allows you to manually define custom iptables rules.
20.GO SMS Pro – GO SMS PRO brings you cool UI, fast and convenient SMS/MMS experience. GO SMS Pro is the most popular messaging app; Very powerful, Cool, Funny, Safe, Fully customizable; Well support SMS/MMS + GO Chat(free message) + Walkie Talkie(free voice).
21.K-9 Mail – K-9 Mail is an open-source e-mail client with search, IMAP push email, multi-folder sync, flagging, filing, signatures, bcc-self, PGP, mail on SD & more!
23.Poweramp – Poweramp is a powerful music player for Android.
24.Google Googles – Search by taking a picture: point your mobile phone camera at a painting, a famous landmark, a barcode or QR code, a product, a storefront, or a popular image. If Goggles finds it in its database, it will provide you with useful information. Goggles also works as a barcode / QR code scanner.
25.Buzz Launcher Beta – Buzz Launcher is a new concept launcher which enables you to apply others’ Homescreens to your own smartphone. Download Homescreens best suited for your taste and preferences via Homepack Buzz Service. Homescreens will be applied instantly.
26.Chrome - No need for any introduction here
27.Screen Filter : Overcome the brightness limits of stock !! One of my fav..
28.SwiftKey Keyboard : The BEST keyboard out there !! Worth the money
29.PHOTO WARP – Want to tease your friend or sibling? Wanna have some fun? This is simple free app which will make everyone giggle and you’ll love it on your handset.
30.Light Flow Lite – Take control of your notifications. LEDs, vibration, repeating sounds and more.
31.Sidebar Pro – A brilliant new way of multitasking on Android. It’s fast, functional, fluid, and customizable to your liking. Populate the sidebar with your favorite apps, and simply swipe in from the edge of the screen to gain instant access to the apps you use most. You can also get the free version but feel free to use this one to support the dev..
32.Eye in Sky Weather – Eye In Sky Weather is for those who like their weather clean, simple and beautiful. The app includes 12 of the best weather icon sets available, with the ability to add your own icon sets.
33.XDA App ICS Blue Colours/Themed – Our favourite forum app but with a complete red or blue colour theme thanks to our own Whiskey103.
34.Solid Explorer – Solid Explorer is a file manager which with two independent panels is the most attractive, eye catching and intuitive file manager for the Android.
35.QuickPic – An alternate photo gallery app, incase you don’t like the default.
36.Unified Remote – Easily the most feature-filled Android-PC remote. Turns your Android device into a WiFi or Bluetooth universal remote control for your Windows PC. Control your favorite programs, mouse, and keyboard.
37.AireTalk – Aire is a new communication app loaded with features that lets you talk to your friends and family in more ways than ever! Use Aire to make calls to any Aire user with voice or video for free!
38.SketchBook Mobile – Autodesk SketchBook® Mobile is a professional-grade paint and drawing application offering a full set of sketching tools and a streamlined and intuitive user interface.
39.AfterFocus – Bring DSLR-like Photography to Your Smartphone
40.VLC for Android Beta – VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols. This is a BETA version of the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. It is intended for power users and hackers. This version is not perfectly stable and is slower than the final version.
41.Plume for Twitter – Plume is a beautiful and completely customizable Twitter app that will revolutionize the way you use Twitter! Brought to you by the authors of the popular Beautiful Widgets, Plume is one of the best Twitter clients for Android! (Plume was formerly known as Touiteur)
42. MD5Checker – This application allows the user to compare the MD5 checksum between two files or alternatively between a file and a value entered manually. When loading a .md5, it will read its content and put it in the field instead of calculating the hash.
43. Headset Button Controller – Headset Button Controller is very configurable, allowing you to play music, change tracks, adjust volume, answer phone calls, start Voice Command and many other things, just by clicking the button on your headset. Worth the money.
44. Google Keep : Best note/reminder app out there..
45. Amazon Mobile for Android – The Amazon Mobile app allows customers to browse and shop by department, search, compare prices, find deals, read reviews and make a purchase right from their mobile device.
46. Jorte Calendar – For personal use or for business, Jorte will assist you to manage your daily schedule thoroughly.
47. Wave Control : Control Your Music With a Wave of Your Hand!
Uses the proximity sensor on your phone to allow control of your music playback by waving your hand over your phone. No need to turn on your screen or even touch your phone at all!
48. External Keyboard Helper :A non visible soft keyboard (Input Method) intended to be used with hardware Bluetooth and USB keyboards. It automatically brings up the Input Method dialog when Bluetooth keyboard connects or disconnects (on some devices this can also be made to work with USB keyboards).
It supports a lot of different keylayouts for non-US external keyboards and also provides a lot of configuration options.
This app does NOT require a rooted device and there is a DEMO version available if you want to try it out before buying
49. Puzzle Alarm Clock : We know you have a problem with getting up in the morning, and we want to change it! Puzzle Alarm Clock will check if you’re awake enough before you’re allowed to turn alarms off.
50. Speedy Uploader for Facebook – Uploads pics in an instant, after compressing them. Great stuff.
51. Screen Off and Lock : One tap to turn off screen with animation and sounds..
52. Auto 3G Battery Saver – This is a simply tool that allows the user to save battery enabling the mobile connection only when it’s needed!
When the user unlocks the phone, data will be enabled.
When user locks the phone, data will be disabled.
53. gReader – gReader is an unofficial Google Reader client for Android. Read all your RSS/Feed news in one place with Google Reader, where keeping up with your favorite websites is as easy as checking your email.
54. ArkMC DLNA UPnP Media Centre : The most advanced UPnP/DLNA app available to play movies, videos, music or photos on your HD TV. Stream wireless any video, with a single tap. Use us and you immediately will find out why this is a high-end solution! Have fun with your friends and family and enjoy your media on any screen.
55. Speedtest.net : Use Speedtest.net for easy, one-tap connection testing in under 30 seconds—accurate anywhere.
56. iSyncr for iTunes – PC : Want to stop carrying both your phone and your iPod? Keep your music fresh with smart playlists? iSyncr enables you to quickly sync your Android device with the music you have in iTunes using a simple to use interface. No need to move your music into a new music management software. iSyncr works directly with iTunes so you can sync hassle-free.
57. VEVO – Watch Free Music Videos : With the VEVO app you can watch music videos, stream live concerts, and discover new artists on your Android device for free! Access VEVO’s entire catalog of 75,000 music videos from more than 21,000 artists.
58. Shortyz – Save space on your phone and challenge your brain instead of flinging birds. Gives you access to dozens of crossword puzzles daily.
59. YPmobile – Yellow Pages app. Sometimes it’s just a lot faster than Google at finding local information.
60. gTasks – GTasks is a simple and efficient task management app with both local and google account mode. You can customize your to do list, set reminder, share tasks with your friends, family members or colleagues and sync with your google tasks perfectly.
61. DigiCal Calendar & Widgets – Experience the most stylish Android calendar with Holo light and dark themes with 6 powerful calendar views and 5 beautifully designed widgets!
62. Flip Silent – regardless the phone screen up or down, just flip it, the phone will become silent. Do not worry about missing calls. Automatic recovery: After the call ends, the phone ring will get back to the original settings.